Good for the post-workout intake, no bake energy bars are a make-and-store-in-the-freezer-for-weeks type of deal.
• 12 dates (pitted)
• 1 cup oats
• ¼ cup all-natural peanut/almond butter
• 1/3 cup honey/maple syrup
• 2 tbsp coconut oil
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1/3 cup chocolate chips
• peanuts to top – optional
• Blend all the ingredients except peanuts and oats in a food-processor (high power) until you get a smooth consistency
• Stir in the remaining ingredients
• Flatten the mixture onto a baking pan or tray.
• Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Cut after it sets or as and when needed.
• Granola bars are by far the healthiest between-meals snacks. As dates are the base of this recipe, you can be assured that your energy intake is from a healthy, natural source. Pack one or two for your travels with this quick and easy snack.
• It’s hard to make a healthy choice when it comes to desserts. Most of us feel like a sinfully indulgent dessert once in a while is the reward we get for healthy eating otherwise. But with these easy, organic recipes, you can have your cake and eat it too!