An alternate to falafel, pita and hummus, this recipe is ideal for getting kids to have fun with their meals. Try this for a healthier snack or lunch box recipe for kids.
For soya falafel:
● ½ cup boiled soybean
● 5 bread slices
● Chopped coriander
● 1 clove garlic
● ½ tsp red chilli powder
● 1 tsp black sesame seeds
● 1 tsp cumin powder
● 2 tbsp potato starch
● ¼ cup water
● Salt and pepper to taste
● 1 tbsp oil
● 1 cup white chickpeas
● 2 cloves of garlic
● 2 tsp sesame seeds
● 1 tbsp lemon juice
● 1 tsp olive oil
● Salt to taste
● Soak soybean overnight.
● Grind soybeans garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt, potato starch until a smooth texture is obtained.
● Form mixture into flattened balls.
● Heat oil in a pan and cook the balls over medium-high heat for 3 minutes until golden brown.
● Turn balls and cook again for 3 minutes.
1. Soak the white chickpeas overnight
2. Drain and add ½ cup water, salt and pressure cook.
3. Run garlic, sesame seeds, lemon juice, oil, salt and some strained water from the pressure cooker through the blender until smooth.
4. Add the white chickpeas and blend again.
5. Garnish with chilli powder and coriander. Pack the soy falafel and hummus with pita or roti to make for a fun fusion of Indian tiffin box recipes.