• ½ cup bajra
• ½ cup rice
• ½ cup urad dal
• 6 tsp oil
• salt to taste
• Soak the bajra, rice and dal separately for 4 hours. Drain and blend the dal with a little water to make a smooth paste.
• Add the bajra and rice and grind again.
• You may add some water if needed.
• Cover and keep aside to ferment.
• Once the batter rises, add salt and dilute with water to get a spreading consistency.
• Heat a dosa tava and grease.
• Pour a ladleful of batter in the centre and spread outwards.
• Drizzle oil along the edges and cook till the edge starts to rise from the pan.
• Flip and cook for a few minutes.
• Kambu dosai with coconut chutney is a great breakfast to start your day.