• 4 tbsp sprouted ragi flour
• 2 ½ cups water
• 6 tbsp jaggery powder/sugar
• ¼ tsp cardamom powder
• chopped nuts of choice
• Mix ragi flour with ½ cup of water in a bowl. Whisk vigorously and ensure that there are no lumps.
• In a saucepan, bring two cups of water to boil.
• Simmer and gently add the mixture into the bowl to the boiling water. Make sure to whisk to avoid lumps from forming.
• Cook on low flame and whisk continuously for 10 to 12 minutes.
• The porridge will thicken. When it reaches the consistency you like, turn off the flame. Add more water if you feel it is too thick.
•Add jaggery/sugar to taste. Mix again until it dissolves.
• Add cardamom powder.
• Transfer to a bowl of choice and top it with dates, almonds, pistachios, raisins, cashews etc.
• Serve hot.
• If you are preparing the recipe for infants or children, add a dollop of ghee.
• A savoury variant:
• Skip the sugar and add ½ tsp buttermilk, spices and salt.